Why You Need a Website
If you are a small business owner, you need a website. Websites work to drive business regardless of your profession. A website showcases your brand and highlights your services. It allows potential clients to get to know you and connect with you.
Some people believe that using just social media is enough, but that is not true. Social media rapidly changes, and you do not always have control over, or even ownership of, the material you post. Think of it like this… remember the flyers you put on telephone poles to get people to come into your store? That’s what social media is – the flyers; your store is your website. One strong storm and whoosh – the flyers disappear. People may have seen your business name but can’t remember any other details. If you don’t have a website, what are they going to find when they search for you? Outdated social media posts. Not very professional, is it?
There are other benefits to having a website apart from bringing in new clients. For instance, you can communicate with your customers through articles you post on your website (e.g. blog). Having a resources section is not only helpful to your clients, it allows you to build your network. This solidifies your relationship with clients as well as suppliers and sets you up as a leader in your field.
We Use WordPress.com
At Productively Organized, we can help save time and minimize the cost of building a website. We use WordPress.com to build websites. WordPress.com provides almost everything you need in one low cost fee. Because WordPress hosts your website on its own servers, it continually upgrades security protocols. You do not need to hire a web expert to do this for you! WordPress also includes SSL (https://) to ensure that all data passed between you or your clients and your website remains secure.
With WordPress, your website grows with you. You can easily edit and change your website to coordinate with your brand. As your business grows and evolves, you can upgrade your website for enhanced search engine optimization (SEO) and e-commerce.
What Productively Organized Can Do
Here are the ways that Productively Organized can help you
- Obtain your domain name (www.yourcompany.com) if you don’t already have one.
- Set up hosting on WordPress.com for 1 year.
- Help you choose a website design.
- Create a 4-page website introducing you and your services:
- Help you write content for each page of your website.
- Link to your social media pages like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.
We can also
- Create additional pages as requested (e.g. photo gallery, resource list, etc.).
- Set up a blog (articles/tips) and help you define categories and tags.
We can provide training so you can make minor changes to your website yourself, or we can set up a maintenance package and we can handle it for you.
- Contact me and I will give you a brief questionnaire so I can better understand your needs.
- We will schedule a phone call or face-to-face tele-meeting to review your questionnaire.
- Submit a 50% non-refundable deposit.
- Secure domain name and hosting.
- Define branding parameters (logo, colour schemes, styles, etc.) and marketing goals.
- Choose a design.
- Write content and add images.
- Review and test.
- Final approval, final payment.
- Training / Maintenance
- Set up a training program and/or maintenance package.